Tuesday, June 3, 2008

1 day plus

I have been a Peace Corps trainee for 1 plus days now!!! Staging is done. The trainers did a great job with providing really good information in a really short time. Plus, structured into the training, there was the opportunity to get to know the rest of the team a little bit better. This is really a wonderful group of people.
This was about half of the group meeting tonight to go out and share our last American dinner together. (pizza and salad) My roomate is on the far right. That's Megan, and I definitely lucked out. She's very kind, helpful and has worked with special needs kids. She's been a great roomie.


It's only been 3 days since I've left Sacramento... somehow it seems longer. I miss you guys
This was the group that showed up at the airport to see me off. Im very blessed. You guys rock
Tommorow morning we leave the hotel for New York and leave from JFK for Johanesburg. We are overnight there, and then continue on to Lesotho. If I have internet access in Johanesburg, I'll post one more time. Otherwise, I may be out of contact for a bit. But I will post again as soon as I can. Take care!!!!!

2 comments:

Denise Drake said...

We will be praying for your flight-- especially that you are able to rest and relax. We are so excited for you. Happy dreams of holding those babies!

Denise Drake

Chuck said...

You are missed too. I'm thrilled you have a wonderful group to train with and come to know as friends over the next few weeks, months and years. Know that there are many praying for you and many who love you. May you and your team train hard and come to be agents of renewal in this particular place on earth. I'm looking forward to your updates.