Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Swearing in

"I, Merrill Nosler, do solemly swear that I will support and defend the constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic, and that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same, that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion, and that I will faithfully discharge my duties in the Peace Corps.
So help me God."

This was administered by Ambassador Robert B Nollan, His excellency to the embassy of the United States, Lesotho.

WOO HOO!!!!!

Tomorrow, I move to my site. It begins. And I know that I have all of you to thank. When I get a new address, I will post it on this blog.



Pictures again borrowed by Tara. Thanks Tara.
This is the Peace Corps country director Ted Mooney. He rocks!!!
These are all of the wonderful women trainees. While we're all ready to go to our sites tomorrow, I will miss them very much.
Salang hantle!!!!
Dennis, Check out the picture on Megans blog of her site. She's going to do great work there.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love seeing all the photos! And so glad to hear that you passed the language assessment! Yay!!! Kalon and I laughed at the picture of your friend in the wash basin. He's pretty good to be able to take a bath in that!

Denise Drake said...

"Oh! Oh! OH! She's IN!!!" That was my reaction-- then the tears came. What a long road with so many ups and downs. God is GOOD! So glad you are on this amazing adventure and very very happy that you are sharing it with us. It's terrific when you update us and the pictures are the "icing on the cake". Oh... wait... you probably wont get frosting for a long time... lets see... the pictures are the "carmelized onions with the dinner". How's that?

Anonymous said...

Merrill, CONGRATULATIONS! After all of this time of waiting and learning, you are off to your site! I am very excited for you! I know you will make a difference and the people will love you! Walk with God and have fun.

Denny said...

Merrill,
Simply stated, YOU ROCK! When I think how each of you have a story of what led you to make a series of choices (CHOICES!) that brought you where you are today - sworn in, assigned, making friends of folks from "home" in another country, continent, culture with a different language with folks who have so very much stacked against them - geez Merrill, how does it get any better than that?
I spoke with Meg this morning and can hear the awe in her voice even amongst the huge differences from her norm, well - I am just amazed and a little jealous of each of you.
Have a stellar day!
Denny
Well done!~

Anonymous said...

Hey Merrill!! I am so proud of you!! You are the BOMB!!
I love the photos and your blog is awesome! I am praying for healing for your camera (God can do anything)! It is so great that we will be able to hear from you and send you emails pretty much weekly! I miss you! I checked out Oscar and Megan's blogs and they are great. I really like that Megan has a wish list for people that want to send her stuff. It would be great if you could do that as I have been racking my brain as to what kinds of things you could use from home!!! I thought maybe; splenda, candy (sugar free or regular), tea, hot cocoa mix, personal type items you could mention in an email if need be. I would really like to send you some goodies from home so let me know!!! Take care and know that you are NEVER really alone!
Love,
Julia :-)

Chuck said...

Hey Merrill! It's been great journeying with you through your blog, emails and text messages. We miss you! The blanket sweater looked pretty sweet on you! May you continue to be blessed and be a blessing to others.