Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Last Pictures

These are most of the trainees in my village. We have gotten together to watch the sunset












This is a my little "nephew"














This is my "grandmother" She's great... a force of natures

















This is the little catholic church in the village...and where we had our fundraising concert











This is a hike we took when visiting a current PCV. This is close to her house. NIce














This is the top of Thabo Bosiu. (MOuntain of night)









These will be the last pictures for awhile. 2 days ago, my camera stopped working. I emailed a couple of friends who might have a clue what happened, but if anyone else might know... I have a Nikon d70s, the LCD still works, but the monitor doesnt come on. It focuses, takes pictures, but does not store them on the memory card (I tried 4 different cards, so it's not the card) On the LCD (the screen on top) you can change all of the numbers like normal...fstop etc... but where it should say how many pictures you have left, its blank. And when you take the card out, there should be an "E" there, but theres nothing. Any ideas? I would appreciate it. I already miss my camera
Thanks!

















































































3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Merrill, Grandmother is beautiful! The children in your pics are so wonderful and warm looking! Give them extra hugs from me!! You simply amaze me, how you have adapted to all of the changes, language immersion, hiking in a SKIRT (yikes)!! God knows what He is doing sending you there to love these people, while you are doing that He is stretching you beyond what you ever thought Possible! I am so thrilled that you have this opportunity to serve God by your willingness to GO!
I miss you terribly, I have thought to pick up the phone and call you so many times! I love you and am praying for you always!

May God shine through your, words, touch and caring for each of the people you come in contact with, that they would know they are loved by a truly caring God, who sent you to be His arms!

Love you,
Julia :-)

Denny said...

What great pictures, thank you. MUST get the camera fixed. The journey will go by quickly! I am so impressed with everyone's attitude - finding humor and fun in adversity - how could it get any better?
Dennis

Denise Drake said...

Merrill,
Your "baby" is sick?!?! Oh no! You HAVE to get your camera fixed. Please let us know if we can help in any way. Unfortunately we know nothing about fancy-smancy cameras like yours. Ha.

What AMAZING pictures! Makes it much more real. That boy, your nephew, is so cute. What is his name? It took all my selfcontrol to not hug and kiss the monitor. (John has issues with my doing this.) Please, please post more as soon as you are able.

Much Love and Prayers.
Denise